The inaugural XFA (www.xfalive.com) event at was held March 24th at the the Las Vegas Hilton promoted by Reis Sports Entertainment.
The main event featured mixed martial arts veteran and Ultimate Fighter alum, Mike Whitehead vs. Ethen Cox. Whitehead, who’s known for his skills on the ground, had no problem adjusting to the striking-only competition of the XFA. Whitehead controlled all three rounds and won a unanimous decision while displaying flying knees and heavy hands in the fight.
In other action:
- 155lb- Marcy Menchacha over Ray Cole via TKO round 2
- 205lb- Mike Seal over London Pray via KO round 1
- 110lb- Amy Davis over Van Do via unanimous decision. Davis controlled the pace of the fight and dominated Do for the full 3 rounds
- 155lb- Mark Holst over Kevin Ross 1st round TKO. Holst landed an overhand right and finished with body shots and head shots before the refere stopped the fight.
- 155lb- James Cook over Michael Corleone via unanimous decision in a stand up war. Cook was dominant throughout the fight.
- 175lb- Sean “TNT” Yarborough over Alain Sylvestre via KO. Sean had the KO of the night with a 1st round, picture perfect head kick to Sylvestre’s temple.
- HVY- Brain Hume over Dan Evenson via unanimous decision. Hume controlled this fight the whole 3 rounds, scoring one knock down via high kick in round 2.
- 115lb- Catia Vitoria over Fight Girls alum Michelle Waterson via unanimous decision. Many in the crowd thought this was the “fight of the night” as both women went at for the full three rounds. Great showing by both fighters.
About Reis Sports Entertainment
Reis Sports Entertainment, LLC (RSE) is a Professional Martial Arts Promoter licensed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. RSE created the sports brand, the Xtreme Fighting Association TM (XFA) which will be holding a series of events in Las Vegas, Nevada. The XFA’s next event “XFA 2″ will be held May 31st, 2008, at the Las Vegas Cox Pavilion.